This are the most important changes for LoxBerry users and plugin developers.
- Setup Assistant:
- The Setup Assistant was reduced to the most important settings - language and credentials.
- The credentials can also be downloaded as text file to archive them on your computer.
- The Setup Assistant is optional and can be canceled. We urgently recommend to run the Assistant to create secure passwords!
- All other settings can be done directly in the system widgets.
- User Interface:
- For a better overview, we have splitted plugins and system widgets to two different pages. In the footer bar a new button is located to directly access both plugins page and system settings.
- The UI was redesiged to be responsive - it scales for use on mobile phones and tablets. (inside plugins, the main screen area is depending to the design of the plugin developer)
- If you open the left-hand sided help, you still can use the main area to fill out forms or settings.
- Every LoxBerry can have it's own, freely defineable name (independent of it's hostname). This name is displayed in the header bar of every page to quickly identify your LoxBerrys. Change the name in My LoxBerry.
- LoxBerry uses notifications in the user interface.
- Form validation was developed from scratch especially for LoxBerry. We adjusted the error messages if your syntax is wrong.
- Forms were redesigned to only show the relevant fields.
- Automatic Updates:
- LoxBerry by default installs security updates for Raspbian every week, and may reboot automatically it a Raspbian update requires this. Change this in the Updates widget.
- LoxBerry Update can do automatic updates of LoxBerry. The update feature is completely integrated to LoxBerry, therefore you don't need to handle with files to do an update. You'll find LoxBerry Update also in the Updates widget.
- Plugin Updates: Supporting plugins can make use of automatic plugin updates. Find the update settings of every plugin in the Plugin Management widget. (The plugin needs to support automatic updates)
- Logfiles of your Miniservers can directly be opened in the Miniserver widget.
- Now special characters in Miniserver username and password are supported. (there may be dependencies in older plugins)
- Miniserver authentication can now directly be checked in the form, without the need of saving the data.
- Plugins overview in LoxWiki;
- The Plugins overview will get the main plugin database for LoxBerry Plugins. Please use the provided download links in the plugin.
- The Plugin archive hosted on loxberry.de will be retired.
- In the Plugins list, a new column for compatibility to LoxBerry 0.2.3 and LoxBerry 1.0 was introduced. Especially in the switching phase, you can check the compatibility for your desired plugins.
- Usage counter:
- LoxBerry uses an anonymous usage counter (Verwendungszähler - German) to give us a number of in-use LoxBerrys.
- Only version number and architecture (ARM, x86, x64) is covered, and there is no way to identify or associate the LoxBerry to you (or to your Miniserver).
- See the usages graphs at https://stats.loxberry.de
- You can completely switch off the usage feature in My LoxBerry.
- Show own websites:
- To publish your own websites or scripts on your LoxBerry, there is a special folder structure to use - See Eigene Webseiten und Scripte am LoxBerry betreiben
- Nothing else than this folder structure and the plugins are allowed to use the
/opt/loxberry folder - everything else will be deleted!
- If you require own installations on your LoxBerry, do it outside of
- Other news and changes:
- Weitere Neuerungen und Änderungen:
- On Raspberry 3 Bluetooth is supported by default.
- HiFiBerry drivers are installed by default.
- Most logfiles now reside in a RAM disk to recure write cycles. For error analysis of boot problems, the system log stays on the SD card.
- The issue getting a second IP addresses by DCHP wheras you have defined a static IP (a bug of Raspbian) is fixed.
- The hostname of your LoxBerry can be changed in the UI. See the Network widget.
- Users can do system and plugin translations directly in the web interface. See the Translate widget and the Translation Guide for LoxBerry.
Please see the German article Changelog V1.0 (and possibly use Google Translate)