Aspects creating plugins
There are several aspects you have to consider creating plugins:
- The directory layout and content of your plugin (Plugin für den Loxberry entwickeln (Version 1.x)) (German only)
- Be as system independent as possible (use the apt feature of the Plugin Interface to install binaries - don't ship compiled binaries as the won't run on other architectures)
- If you need paths inside your plugin, use the provided global variables from LoxBerry::System. Don't hard-code any system paths.
- Use HTML::Template for your web interface. LoxBerry itself uses HTML::Template, and it is automatically use'd from LoxBerry::Web.
- Multilingual support - LoxBerry comes with a multilingual approach with ini-styled language files. All supporting features of LoxBerry::Web directly use your multi-lang files with HTML::Template.
- LoxBerry gives you lot of freedom of permissions - don't misuse them. Do not change major system settings that are unrecoverable. Don't unfasten restrictions or permissions more than your plugin needs. Keep your changes undo-able for the situation where your plugin is uninstalled.
The Perl SDK documentation currently is available in German only. Please use some online translation tool like Google Translate.